Friday, November 30, 2012

The unique and unusual

This is my first watercolor piece inspired by Carne Griffths & Shepard Fairey. My subject matter was one of my classmates and my color scheme was red,creme and blue.My materials were watercolor paper and watercolor paint; the piece is 8x9.5. It didn't turn out how I imagine it but I can't complain I love it because its different and unique. What I learned from using watercolor is that you can't control how the paint drys but can control where the paint goes and I know next time to let the watercolor do most of the work and not go over it so many times. I also learn more and more and more about water color every time I use it and I think more of my pieces will be watercolor.







1 comment:

  1. I like your persistence with this piece and how willing you are to defend it.

    Now honestly, I think you can do better. I think that your only problems with this piece were that you rushed through the drawing phase, and you didn't think about your color scheme. The cream looks yellow, the red is too bright, and the blue & green just need to go. I think that all og the white around it doesn't help the color scheme any either.

    I don't think that this is your best piece, but I think that you could do a lot better if you had really taken your time.

    ReplyDelete